P97 Networks is the leading provider of mobile commerce and digital marketing solutions which power new and emerging daily journeys. When you’re looking for fuel, food, parking, charging, or convenience retail—our innovative cloud based mobile commerce platform, PetroZone®, enables mobile payments, customer loyalty programs, and connectivity with the largest universe of gas stations and convenience stores in the US. We focus on creating connected commerce experiences, whether through your connected car, smart phone, or voice enabled devices like Alexa. We are experts at cloud-based payment and loyalty aggregation, identity and security, digital offers and settlement, omni-channel marketing, and data insights.
Every day, we are re-imagining connected consumer experiences and trying to make life’s daily journeys a little bit better for everyone. Convenience, speed, and safety is our mission—and these are the expectations for the new generation of buyers, sellers and anyone looking to conduct commerce during their daily drive. P97 is recognized as a thought leader for enabling digital transformation in the convenience retail and fuels marketing industry, and we take hiring very seriously. We further believe the combination of an experienced team, our passion for technology, and our mutual desire to win—will make us successful together. We trust you will find our company and this opportunity equally compelling.
Job Description – Vice President of Product
The VP of Product for P97 will be responsible for delivering creative, compliant solutions for our customers, both external and internal. This is a hands-on position as well as a senior leadership and management position. The VP of Product will develop strong customer relationships, understand the customer’s needs, and translate those needs into products and solutions while embodying legal and compliance requirements. The VP of Product must understand good design with the ability to translate multiple layers of process into simple flows that delight customers.
The VP of Product is expected to critique, refine, and make further recommendations on what can be products can be redesigned and what we can integrate. The VP of Product will work in an exciting and engaging agile environment where expanding skills, testing creative boundaries and sharing ideas are expected. The VP of Product is responsible for managing a group of Product Owners with subject matter expertise in specific domain areas as well as business analysis experience and will need to be able to delve into their thinking, while being comfortable questioning and improving requirements and conclusions as appropriate. The successful candidate will take ownership of what’s produced, have a detail-oriented perspective on requirements and a deep intellectual curiosity as to how things work and why.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the ideation, definition, design, and launch of innovative next generation products for P97
- Specify requirements for current and future offerings, enhancements and products.
- Partner with cross-functional teams including professional services and engineering to improve customer experiences and drive successful execution.
- Lead the team responsible for identifying product requirements (including build, buy, and partner decisions) manage products that offer an outstanding customer experience leveraging a deep understanding of product positioning, defining key benefits, and understanding target customers and user personas.
- Manage, and work with product owners in managing, the entire product life cycle, from planning through development and launch.
- Manage the development of business requirements and user stories to create product specifications, including the trade-offs among features, user experience, and performance.
- Work closely with all team members to facilitate a shared understanding of our customers, product, and the corresponding vision.
- Collaborate with all parts of the organization to turn a raw flow of feature requests into well-defined problem definitions.
- Assist product owners on defining a product scope that is focused on the most important use cases with a focus on getting it into users’ hands as quickly as possible.
- Overall responsibility for the product roadmap.
- Understand and prioritize potential projects from various inputs (user research and business wish list) so the team is always working on the most impactful projects.
- Understand business strategy and deliver products with P97’s unique perspective in mind.
- Define quantitative and qualitative success metrics and constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through these measures, both before and after their release.
- Work with designers to design product experiences that users love.
- Understand our core markets deeply at several levels – competition, technology, go-to-market, pricing, buyer and user personas, and analyst coverage.
- Work with engineering to plan and track features and releases, be plugged in into sprint execution on a regular basis, and own and execute on product deliverables in an agile development environment.
- Assist in building product roadmap presentations for customers, training materials for sales engineering team, and other activities where product marketing might need help in messaging and positioning.
- Work closely with marketing and sales on product definitions, pricing, and segmentation.
Key Success Factors:
- Knowledge of software (front-end and back-end) development, payment solutions, and experience in online/mobile.
- Understand the full scope of a product.
- Must have experience in the design and development of customer-facing products that leverage technology to improve customer experience.
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products.
- High level of current expertise in user-centered design and usability principles. Prefer candidates with a proven ability to work closely with customers.
- Ability to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders as well as customers, and work with all levels within the organization.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams that do not directly report to you.
- Strong problem-solving, verbal and written communication, planning, organizational and presentation skills.
- Ownership mindset and a bias for action to make directionally correct choices with incomplete information.
- Work with partners to include 3rd-party offerings and new technologies into P97’s product solutions.
- Analyze commercial business data to uncover unmet customer needs and then design new solutions.
- Develop a deep understanding of the competitive landscape, from both a product sponsor and consumer perspective, and then use it to build a solution strategy.
- BA/BS required in a STEM, Business, or Design related field preferred (MBA is a plus)
- Familiar and comfortable working in an Agile environment
- 15+ years of work experience in related positions with increasing responsibility with at least 8+ years as a leader in the product manager area on successful projects that involved new product design and implementation.
- Previous mobile application experience and product experience focused on financial or payment solutions is needed to be successful in this role.
- Prior experience with cloud-native stacks and SaaS platforms is a big plus.
- You have experience working with both qualitative customer insights, and quantitative customer data to inform decisions.
- You are entrepreneurial, you are self-driven, and you do not need daily direction to get the job done.
- Be able to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically.
- Strategic thinking, deep technical background, awesome interpersonal skills, and a passion for technology are also highly desired.
This job description provides many examples of the types of responsibilities required but is in not intended to be a comprehensive list. The incumbent will complete other job responsibilities as needed which are not specifically described in this document.
P97’s employees are recognized as a thought leader by peers, customers, and others in the industry with a respected reputation both internally and externally. If you want to be the newest member of a vibrant group of technology leaders in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment, then apply online today to start building solutions that customers will love to use and join a company that truly rewards your hard work and values your talented contributions. For a complete list of our open positions, please visit our website at www.P97.com and career center at http://p97.com/careers/.
P97 rewards your hard work with a competitive compensation plan, comprehensive benefits plan, stock options, 401k with a match, PTO package, and amazing opportunities for career growth and personal development.
P97 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
No calls or agencies please. P97 Networks, Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Please note, relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in P97. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.