P97 Networks is the leading provider of mobile commerce and digital marketing solutions which power new and emerging daily journeys. When you’re looking for fuel, food, parking, charging, or convenience retail—our innovative cloud based mobile commerce platform, PetroZone®, enables mobile payments, customer loyalty programs, and connectivity with the largest universe of gas stations and convenience stores in the US. We focus on creating connected commerce experiences, whether through your connected car, smart phone, or voice enabled devices like Alexa. We are experts at cloud-based payment and loyalty aggregation, identity and security, digital offers and settlement, omni-channel marketing, and data insights.
Every day, we are re-imagining connected consumer experiences and trying to make life’s daily journeys a little bit better for everyone. Convenience, speed, and safety is our mission—and these are the expectations for the new generation of buyers, sellers and anyone looking to conduct commerce during their daily drive. P97 is recognized as a thought leader for enabling digital transformation in the convenience retail and fuels marketing industry, and we take hiring very seriously. We further believe the combination of an experienced team, our passion for technology, and our mutual desire to win—will make us successful together. We trust you will find our company and this opportunity equally compelling.
The VP of Marketing will provide leadership and coordination of company marketing functions. They will also be responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategy. In addition, the VP of Marketing will monitor and analyze sales and marketing activity against established and developing P97 fiscal and corporate goals. Effective marketing requires a balance of strategic and tactical work. P97 is looking for a VP of Marketing who understands how to set expectations and develop strategies to execute on long term strategic goals, while still balancing the required operational objectives often required in a start-up environment of a technology company.
- Direct and coordinate company marketing functions.
- Develop and coordinate marketing processes and methodology.
- Direct and oversee the company marketing function to identify and develop new customers for products and services.
- Research and develop strategies and plans which identify marketing opportunities, direct marketing, and new project development.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of marketing activity relative to sales, methods, costs, and results.
- Develop and manage sales and marketing budgets and oversee the development and management of internal operating budgets.
- Plan and coordinate public affairs, and communications efforts, to include public relations and community outreach.
- Directly manage major and critical developing client accounts and coordinate the management of all other accounts.
- Participate in the development of new project proposals.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Supervise the planning and development of company marketing and communications materials.
- Represent the company at various community and/or business meetings to promote the company.
- Supervise the preparation, issuance, and delivery of sales materials, exhibits, and promotion programs.
- Promote positive relations with partners, vendors, and distributors.
- Recommend and administer policies and procedures to enhance operations.
- Work with department managers and corporate staff to develop five year and ten-year business plans for the company.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Serve on planning and policy-making committees.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate Marketing department staff.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Experience with Point-of-Sale or retain fuel systems SaaS solutions is a plus
- Bring more customer insights and the “voice of the client” into the organization.
- Write a strategic marketing plan for P97, submit marketing department budget request to P97 management for approve to budget funds towards it, and execute against it.
- Focus a few key positions on strategy (long term) and keep those people focused on longer term activities and goals (such as planning, strategic initiatives, etc.) vs. execution (tactical).
- Separate sales or business development functions from marketing, if they are organizationally together. When marketing is imbedded within the sales department, it makes it particularly difficult to be strategic.
- Separate marketing operations (the business of marketing and reporting, forecasting, pricing, sales response, etc.) from marketing management.
- Set objectives, accountability, and metrics for short and long-term team objectives and hold your people accountable for delivering results for both.
- Hire the right people for your organization. You need people who have the skills to operate at both a strategic and tactical level.
- Learn to prioritize and stick with activities that are aligned with the organization’s objectives, not the “emergency” advanced by an aggressive sales manager or the sales response team.
- Set expectations around long term focus with P97 senior management. (With constrained resources, certain tactical activities will need to be de-prioritized in order to spend time on the longer term, strategic elements of the business plan. These strategic elements should contribute to P97’s longer term revenue and profitable growth.)
- Experience working on project that involved mobile commerce, retain fuel systems, fleet cards, and/or payments and processing is a huge plus!
- Experience working across multiple cultures, countries, and complex corporations
- International or global/virtual project experience
- Technical aptitude and a passion for staying current with new and upcoming technologies
- Strong understanding of common standards (ISO, PCI, GDPR, etc.)
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Knowledge of structuring sales quota goals and revenue expectations.
- Experience in managing a marketing department budget.
- Experience in planning marketing strategies, advertising campaigns, and successful public relations efforts.
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes
- Ability to simultaneously manage several projects.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Education: Master’s Degree in Marketing and/or an MBA and ten years of experience in a senior-level sales and/or marketing position is preferred.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel as necessary for events/engagements.
This job description provides many examples of the types of responsibilities required but is in not intended to be a comprehensive list. The incumbent will complete other job responsibilities as needed which are not specifically described in this document.
P97’s employees are recognized as a thought leader by peers, customers, and others in the industry with a respected reputation both internally and externally. If you want to be the newest member of a vibrant group of technology leaders in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment, then apply online today to start building solutions that customers will love to use and join a company that truly rewards your hard work and values your talented contributions. For a complete list of our open positions, please visit our website at www.P97.com and career center at http://p97.com/careers/.
P97 rewards your hard work with a competitive compensation plan, comprehensive benefits plan, stock options, 401k with a match, PTO package, and amazing opportunities for career growth and personal development.
P97 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
No calls or agencies please. P97 Networks, Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Please note, relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in P97. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.