P97 Networks is the leading provider of mobile commerce and digital marketing solutions which power new and emerging daily journeys. When you’re looking for fuel, food, parking, charging, or convenience retail—our innovative cloud based mobile commerce platform, PetroZone®, enables mobile payments, customer loyalty programs, and connectivity with the largest universe of gas stations and convenience stores in the US. We focus on creating connected commerce experiences, whether through your connected car, smart phone, or voice enabled devices like Alexa. We are experts at cloud-based payment and loyalty aggregation, identity and security, digital offers and settlement, omni-channel marketing, and data insights.
Every day, we are re-imagining connected consumer experiences and trying to make life’s daily journeys a little bit better for everyone. Convenience, speed, and safety is our mission—and these are the expectations for the new generation of buyers, sellers and anyone looking to conduct commerce during their daily drive. P97 is recognized as a thought leader for enabling digital transformation in the convenience retail and fuels marketing industry, and we take hiring very seriously. We further believe the combination of an experienced team, our passion for technology, and our mutual desire to win—will make us successful together. We trust you will find our company and this opportunity equally compelling.
Job Description: Product Owner – Payments Platform
As the Product Owner of Payments, you’ll serve as the owner and subject matter expert within the Product Organization to prioritize feature/functionality based on the business opportunities and priorities of P97 including, but not limited to Payment Processing Solutions (including Authorization & Settlement). You’ll be working closely with payments domain engineers and delivery teams in an Agile/Scrum SDLC environment, becoming the go-to subject matter expert (SME) in end-to-end payment processing, exception handling, authorization and settlement in our platforms while also understanding the implications and cross-team impacts for customer experience, loyalty and data insights solutions.
- Major responsibilities include owning the delivery of the payments product roadmap to meet client expectations and commitments
- Specifying business and technical requirements for the products by working with partners and colleagues to understand project commitments, client expectations and capabilities required to deliver
- Support global business development activities such as offering development, marketing, proposal development, and other pursuit activities
- Participate in the development and implementation of a firm-wide 3-year product roadmap along with a global go-to-market plan
- Collaborate with SaaS vendors, site-system vendors, payment & loyalty networks, mobile technology providers, and connected car partners on co-development activities
Skills And Experience You Should Possess
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience as a Product Owner specifically focused on payment processing: gateways, financial institutions, acquiror/processors, payment networks
- Technical proficiency and strong understanding of APIs and payment processing technical specifications and critical regulations (e.g., ISO 8583, Conexxus, PCI DSS, ISO 20022, PSD2, etc.)
- In depth understanding of processing transaction types, payment flows and payments ecosystem
- Product development experience with legacy card payments (credit, debit), alternative payments, mobile wallets, ecommerce payment processing and voice assistant/enabled skills technology
- A blend of business understanding and technical savvy; big-picture vision and a passion for owning products all the way from ideation to post-launch management
- Product owner experience with scalable, performant and highly-available API based, SaaS platforms
- Strong understanding of all aspects of Agile/Kanban product development and delivery
- Strong proficiency in authoring, owning and prioritizing epics, features, user stories, backlog grooming, prioritization, sprint planning and release management activities
- A proven track record of success in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple competing and often conflicting priorities
- Excellent technical acumen, curiosity, and familiarity with emerging technologies
- Winning attitude, excellent teamwork, and strong communication and presentation skills
- Communication skills and flexibility necessary to work with co-located and cross-functional teams
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365 and Jira software applications
- Strong critical thinking, analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage work time to ensure the accomplishment of specific goals
- Experience developing relationships with customers and internal leaders
- Strong client services orientation and accustomed to taking an active role in executing projects
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM related field
- Technical certification strongly preferred in a professionally recognized area
- 5+ years of experience specifically working in payment processing and technical product delivery
- 3+ years of experience working on scrum/agile projects
- 3+ years of development or product owner experience
- Vertical focus on petroleum, convenience stores, QSRs, fleet industries is highly desirable
- Flexibility to travel 25-30%
This job description provides many examples of the types of responsibilities required but is in not intended to be a comprehensive list. The incumbent will complete other job responsibilities as needed which are not specifically described in this document.
P97’s employees are recognized as a thought leader by peers, customers, and others in the industry with a respected reputation both internally and externally. If you want to be the newest member of a vibrant group of technology leaders in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment, then apply online today to start building solutions that customers will love to use and join a company that truly rewards your hard work and values your talented contributions. For a complete list of our open positions, please visit our website at www.P97.com and career center at http://p97.com/careers/.
P97 rewards your hard work with a competitive compensation plan, comprehensive benefits plan, stock options, 401k with a match, PTO package, and amazing opportunities for career growth and personal development.
P97 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
No calls or agencies please. P97 Networks, Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire
Please note, relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in P97. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.