P97 Networks is the leading provider of mobile commerce and digital marketing solutions which power new and emerging daily journeys. When you’re looking for fuel, food, parking, charging, or convenience retail—our innovative cloud-based mobile commerce platform, PetroZone®, enables mobile payments, customer loyalty programs, and connectivity with the largest universe of gas stations and convenience stores in the US. We focus on creating connected commerce experiences, whether through your connected car, smartphone, or voice-enabled devices like Alexa. We are experts at cloud-based payment and loyalty aggregation, identity and security, digital offers and settlement, omnichannel marketing, and data insights.
Every day, we are re-imagining connected consumer experiences and trying to make life’s daily journeys a little bit better for everyone. Convenience, speed, and safety is our mission—and these are the expectations for the new generation of buyers, sellers and anyone looking to conduct commerce during their daily drive. P97 is recognized as a thought leader for enabling digital transformation in the convenience retail and fuels marketing industry, and we take hiring very seriously. We further believe the combination of an experienced team, our passion for technology, and our mutual desire to win—will make us successful together. We trust you will find our company and this opportunity equally compelling.
Job Description: Junior Software Engineer (.Net)
P97 is looking for passionate and talented Junior Software Engineers with 1-3 years of .Net development experience building innovative, mission-critical, high volume, and easy-to-use applications. As a Junior Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to make a large impact on the design and implementation of leading-edge products as a part of the Integrations team which is responsible for the design and implementation of the necessary cloud-based PetroZone© Mobile Commerce Controller. The Mobile Commerce Controller provides the necessary site connectivity, site monitoring, workflow engine, payment, and loyalty systems integrations that provide mobile applications the ability to purchase fuel and to execute in-store mobile payments.
- Use C#/.Net to develop Azure-hosted services to facilitate mobile payments processing and workflows
- Work from technical protocol specifications and 3rd party API documentation to develop Azure-hosted services
- Specialize in the development of Azure services and TCP/IP interface integrations to provide the framework for device communications that facilitate P97’s core business
- Assist the team with testing (unit and integration testing) and debugging (conditional breakpoints, exception trapping)
- Work as a value-add team member in a fast-paced and agile development environment
- Experience -1-3 years of software development experience
- Agile/Scrum -Knowledge and ability to satisfactorily use agile software methodologies to deliver high-value software.
- Communication Skills – Possess strong interpersonal and English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Desire to Learn -Possess a desire to learn from and work with industry-leading experts in the areas of cloud development, integrations, and user interfaces
- Education – BS Degree in IT (Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or MIS) is preferred
- Software Development -Possess 1-3 years of experience in software development with a solid focus on C#/.Net and familiar with using the following with C#
- Debugging – Familiar with using one or more of the following:
- Conditional breakpoints to inspect the test environment
- Exception trapping
- Variable modification at runtime
- Stack tracing
- Design Elements -Knowledge of basic class, component, and system design
- XML/XSD -Knowledge of Schema Design Concepts, XmlSerializer, DataContract Serializer, Custom Serialization, and XSD Validation
- XSLT – Knowledge of basic transformations
- Testing – possess 1-3 years of experience testing with one or more of the following:
- Unit Test
- Integration Testing
- Test Vector Verification
- Test Vector Creation
- Design Pattern Knowledge -possess 1-3 years of experience using design patterns including one or more of the following basic or advanced patterns:
- Basic Patterns – Adapter, Command, Factory, or Façade
- Advanced Patterns – Flyweight, Subject/Observer, Pub/Sub, IoC, Data Patterns, or Transactional Patterns)
- Client/Server Communications– Basic understanding of Client/Server communications including:
- Async Messaging
- Out-of-band communications
- Data Access Layer -Familiar with using one or more of the following:
- DocumentDB/Cosmos DB for multi-model database services in a schema-less NoSQL database
- Blob Storage for storing and accessing unstructured data in an Azure cloud
- Redis Cache for in-memory data structure stores of a database, cache, or message broker
This job description provides many examples of the types of responsibilities required but is in not intended to be a comprehensive list. The incumbent will complete other job responsibilities as needed which are not specifically described in this document.
P97’s employees are recognized as a thought leader by peers, customers, and others in the industry with a respected reputation both internally and externally. If you want to be the newest member of a vibrant group of technology leaders in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment, then apply online today to start building solutions that customers will love to use and join a company that truly rewards your hard work and values your talented contributions. For a complete list of our open positions, please visit our website at www.P97.com and career center at http://p97.com/careers/. P97 rewards your hard work with a competitive compensation plan, sponsored sports opportunities, a fun working environment, complimentary catered lunches twice a week with a stocked kitchen the rest of the time, access to an on-site fitness facility, and amazing opportunities for career growth and personal development.
P97 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
No calls or agencies please. P97 Networks, Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Please note, relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in P97. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.