P97 Networks is the leading provider of mobile commerce and digital marketing solutions which power new and emerging daily journeys. When you’re looking for fuel, food, parking, charging, or convenience retail—our innovative cloud based mobile commerce platform, PetroZone®, enables mobile payments, customer loyalty programs, and connectivity with the largest universe of gas stations and convenience stores in the US. We focus on creating connected commerce experiences, whether through your connected car, smart phone, or voice enabled devices like Alexa. We are experts at cloud-based payment and loyalty aggregation, identity and security, digital offers and settlement, omni-channel marketing, and data insights.
Every day, we are re-imagining connected consumer experiences and trying to make life’s daily journeys a little bit better for everyone. Convenience, speed, and safety is our mission—and these are the expectations for the new generation of buyers, sellers and anyone looking to conduct commerce during their daily drive. P97 is recognized as a thought leader for enabling digital transformation in the convenience retail and fuels marketing industry, and we take hiring very seriously. We further believe the combination of an experienced team, our passion for technology, and our mutual desire to win—will make us successful together. We trust you will find our company and this opportunity equally compelling.
Job Description: Director of Professional Services
The Director of Professional Services is responsible for leading and managing the P97 Professional Services Department and project delivery of the PetroZone products to customers and will be reporting to the COO. The Director of Professional Services is also responsible for all aspects of customer project management practices and objectives that will provide an emphasis on quality, productivity, process improvement, and timely delivery of services and new features to our customers.
The Director of Professional Services manages, supervises, and coordinates the day-to-day operations for deliverable based projects, staff augmentation engagements, and non-support based client requests. This role will provide overall operational planning, direction, and policies to the team, assuring the highest quality service. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have experience with developing business processes to measure service performance; initiating programs to continually improve the company’s ability to adapt to changing industry conditions. Staff development and role design including “up-skilling” and cross training plans are integral parts of the role.
Candidates for this role will have a demonstrated track record of developing, enhancing, selling, and delivering consulting/professional services and solutions. This position builds collaborative and productive relationships with clients and partners to deliver value and to grow our business. The Director of Professional Services will lead a team of Product Delivery Managers and Business Analysts to ensure the quality and effectiveness of solution and service delivery in alignment with the overall P97 business strategy.
- Develop, empower, and mentor the teams to provide exceptional service and solutions to all our end customers, partners, and internal teams.
- Individual performance management, hiring top performers, and providing training opportunities to advance career growth and knowledge.
- Establish and maintain implementation standards
- Design and effectively enforce project documentation standards
- Responsible for the profitability of the P97 Professional Services Department
- Work with the VP of Finance and COO to create and maintain a service line budget and manages the financial and operational metrics for the assigned service offerings
- Identify and assist in the selling of additional projects (upsell opportunities) within existing accounts and partnerships
- Make resourcing decisions regarding existing and potential resources to meet the growing demands on the Professional Services Department
- Act as a point of escalation for Professional Services team members and customer projects
- Assist the sales team with the identification, scoping, planning, and expectation setting of opportunities within both existing and new customers
- Manages a designated slate of Service Offerings
- Directs the management and/or delivery of services and solutions for selected markets for both new and existing clients, while achieving revenue and profitability targets
Key Success Factors
- Cultivates new service opportunities and builds the consulting business by shaping deals, supporting sales and establishing engagements
- Acts as a Change Agent; formulating project management strategy for service teams and ensuring consistency across the program
- Improves current service programs to allow for scale and introducing strategic programs that meet the needs of our client organizations
- Makes strategic decisions regarding appropriate service and products to be offered
- Ensures decisions are in alignment with organizational strategy
- Achieves profitable revenue growth through the successful implementation of the business strategy
- Develops consulting programs that enable our clients to streamline workflows and drive efficiencies across their organizations
- Consults with clients to establish their strategic direction
- Builds relationships with clients and client executive teams to generate additional business
- Lead sales activities
- Indirectly manages several teams of people across multiple projects and geographies.
- Oversees staff while providing coaching and development opportunities.
- 8-10 years of experience focused IT professional/consulting experience or equivalent industry experience
- Proven sales and business development expertise in new services venture or start-up
- Engagement P&L experience from a comparably sized consulting/services department
- Experience with Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC)
- Demonstrated professional growth and the proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Proven history of leveraging and growing existing client base; organic business development responsibilities
- Experience implementing and executing plans with a defined process, metrics, and desired outcomes
- Able to perform in a metrics-driven, process-based organization
- Extensive experience with managing people, including mentoring and leadership skills
- Expert business operations experience (e.g., invoicing, SOW, margins, utilization)
- Exceptional client facing skills
- Active participation in professional associations
- Advanced degree in related field desirable
This job description provides many examples of the types of responsibilities required but is in not intended to be a comprehensive list. The incumbent will complete other job responsibilities as needed which are not specifically described in this document.
P97’s employees are recognized as a thought leader by peers, customers, and others in the industry with a respected reputation both internally and externally. If you want to be the newest member of a vibrant group of technology leaders in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment, then apply online today to start building solutions that customers will love to use and join a company that truly rewards your hard work and values your talented contributions. For a complete list of our open positions, please visit our website at www.P97.com and career center at http://p97.com/careers/.
P97 rewards your hard work with a competitive compensation plan, comprehensive benefits plan, stock options, 401k with a match, PTO package, and amazing opportunities for career growth and personal development.
P97 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
No calls or agencies please. P97 Networks, Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire
Please note, relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in P97. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.