P97 Networks is the leading provider of mobile commerce and digital marketing solutions which power new and emerging daily journeys. When you are looking for fuel, food, parking, charging, or convenience retail—our innovative cloud-based mobile commerce platform, PetroZone®, enables mobile payments, customer loyalty programs, and connectivity with the largest universe of gas stations and convenience stores in the US. We focus on creating connected commerce experiences, whether through your connected car, smartphone, or voice-enabled devices like Alexa. We are experts at cloud-based payment and loyalty aggregation, identity and security, digital offers and settlement, omnichannel marketing, and data insights.
Every day, we are re-imagining connected consumer experiences and trying to make life’s daily journeys a little bit better for everyone. Convenience, speed, and safety is our mission—and these are the expectations for the new generation of buyers, sellers and anyone looking to conduct commerce during their daily drive. P97 is recognized as a thought leader for enabling digital transformation in the convenience retail and fuels marketing industry, and we take hiring very seriously. We further believe the combination of an experienced team, our passion for technology, and our mutual desire to win—will make us successful together. We trust you will find our company and this opportunity equally compelling.
As a Data Architect, you will work closely with product owners, architects, developers, and analysts in cross-functional teams to create and deliver innovative payment products and services in a dynamic IT environment. This individual is responsible for designing and developing data models, standards, best practices, frameworks, technologies, and processes that maximize the business value of data assets by enabling data integration, data quality, sharing and reuse. The Data Architect will lead data implementation initiatives for database and data warehouse systems that include integration with internal and external vendor systems.
- Translate business requirements and technical designs into well-developed solutions that meet business goals defined by business and IT management
- Collaborates with all stakeholders to define business data objects such as entities and data elements, supporting multiple uses of data.
- Collaborates with Information Architect on logical data models and designs physical data and metadata models required in support of the business architecture
- Identifies, quantifies, and proposes solutions to address data integrity and data quality issues, including performing source data analysis and data profiling to assess initial data quality
- Responsible for designing and implementing Master Data Management (MDM), Operational Data Stores (ODS), and Data Warehouse (DWH) data stores
- Develop and maintain enterprise data dictionary and domain models, design data lineage and maintain information metadata and system documentation
- Determines data integration and transformation requirements for moving data between applications; ensures interoperability of applications with database and data warehouse/data mart environments
- Applies Information Architecture Methodology and ensuring alignment of Data Architecture with Enterprise Architecture and business strategies
- Provide technical support for systems in production, including troubleshooting and configuration management
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field or 10+ years of equivalent training or work experience
- 10+ years of experience designing, developing, maintaining, and optimizing database and data warehouse solutions with the Microsoft technology stack
- 3+ years of experience in the financial industry
- Data Modeling and Database Design including Data Maintenance, Data Security, Database Management, Database Support, ETL Design and Development, and Technical Presentation Skills
- Deep experience with data modeling and Kimball methods
- Requires hands-on with SQL Server 2012+ and SQL Server Integration Services
- Experience with Microsoft PowerBI preferred
- Experience with predictive and prescriptive analytics projects preferred
- Experience with BIML and Varigence/Mist is preferred
- Experience presenting to and influencing across an organization or team
- High level analytical and problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to investigate complex issues and make informed decisions about them when written guidelines are not necessarily available
This job description provides many examples of the types of responsibilities required but is in not intended to be a comprehensive list. The incumbent will complete other job responsibilities as needed which are not specifically described in this document.
P97’s employees are recognized as a thought leader by peers, customers, and others in the industry with a respected reputation both internally and externally. If you want to be the newest member of a vibrant group of technology leaders in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment, then apply online today to start building solutions that customers will love to use and join a company that truly rewards your hard work and values your talented contributions. For a complete list of our open positions, please visit our website at www.P97.com and career center at http://p97.com/careers/. P97 rewards your hard work with a competitive compensation plan, sponsored sports opportunities, a fun working environment, complimentary catered lunches twice a week with a stocked kitchen the rest of the time, access to an on-site fitness facility, and amazing opportunities for career growth and personal development.
P97 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
No calls or agencies please. P97 Networks, Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire. Please note, relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in P97. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.