Effective Date: May 22, 2017
P97 Networks collects information about you when you use our mobile applications, websites, and other online products and services (collectively, the “Services” or “the app”) and through other interactions and communications you have with us. If you reside in the United States, the Services are provided by P97 Networks and its U.S. affiliates (collectively “P97 Networks”), and this Privacy Statement applies to information collected and used by P97 Networks (referred to herein collectively as “P97” or “we”).
Information Collection and Use
Information You Provide to Us
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information (“personal information”) you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, postal address, profile picture, payment method, zip code, items purchased, notes, and other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Services
When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
- Location Information: When you use the Services for payment, digital offers, or store location we collect precise location data from the Petrozone app you use. If you permit the app to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (“platform”), we may also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Contacts Information: If you permit the Petrozone app to access the address book on your device through the permission system used by your mobile platform, we may access and store names and contact information from your address book to facilitate social interactions through our Services and for other purposes described in this Statement or at the time of consent or collection.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your campaign code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and verions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Call and SMS Data: Our Services facilitate communications between Users and Drivers. In connection with facilitating this service, we receive call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message.
- Log Information: When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
- Camera and Microphone Data. The app may request permissions to use data from camera sensor and microphone. This data is handled as personal and sensitive information and the app will not send camera/microphone data from your device unless you explicitly share a photo or video using the sharing functions of the app.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example:
- If you choose to link, create, or log in to your Petrozone account with a payment provider (e.g., Apple Pay or Chase Pay) or social media service (e.g., Facebook), or if you engage with a separate app or website that uses our API (or whose API we use), we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app.
- If you also interact with our Services in another capacity, for instance as a Store Owner or user of other apps we provide, we may combine or associate that information with information we have collected from you in your capacity as a User.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users and Customers, develop security features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Send or facilitate communications (i) between you and a Customer, or (ii) between you and a contact of yours at your direction in connection with your use of certain features, such as referrals, invites, or digital offer sharing;
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of P97 Networks and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards;
- Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
We may transfer the information described in this Statement to, and process and store it in, the United States and other countries, some of which may have less protective data protection laws than the region in which you reside. Where this is the case, we will take appropriate measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this Statement.
Sharing of Information
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Statement or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
Through Our Services
We may share your information:
- With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate; and
Other Important Sharing
We may share your information:
- With P97 Networks subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and / or logistics purposes;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, govern